Kerala is not just a destination, it is heaven on earth, famed as “God’s Own Country” between locals and tourists. Situated on the tip and last West coast of India, Kerala is surely one of the best tourist destinations in India. Kerala is a place where the cultural richness, traditions, sublime beaches, wildlife sanctuaries, lush greenery, serene lakes, stunning cascades, ancient temples, historic depth, and beautiful mountainside takes place. Your Kerala tour packages will entitle you for a once in a lifetime experience.
The Traveler inside you would love to go on a Kerala trip as the state is more popular for its breathtaking views and scenery. Kerala holiday packages have a lot more in store right from its welcoming hill stations, aromatic tea gardens, backwaters, an envelope of greens, and pristine beaches. Kerala is one of those spots that immediately invokes images in one’s mind. You may experience the healing Ayurvedic spa retreats, charming sunset at the Chinese fishing nets in Cochin, surfing at the exotic Varkala beach, houseboats floating along the amazing backwaters of Alleppey, exquisite Kathakali experience, and the rolling mystic hills of Munnar on your Kerala tours. Book your tour packages to Kerala with us and get exciting offers and deals.
Places to visit in Kerala
Due to its distinct biodiversity, Kerala tourism boasts of rich flora and fauna. You can find abundant wildlife in this green state. There are many beautiful places that you can visit on your Kerala tour packages. With family or friends, you can plan a trip to Kerala or you can also explore this state solo. Some of the places you should visit on your tour are listed below:
- Munnar- The charming town of Munnar is perched on the plantation-filled hills of Kerala. Munnar was once a colonial-holiday town which today is lush, vibrant region where exotic teas and spices are grown. Munnar is one of the best places to visit on Kerala tour packages where rustic village life has still thrived in myriad shapes and colors. Munnar is included in any Kerala trip itinerary that promises exquisite experiences. There are so many things to do in Munnar like animal spotting at Eravikulam National Park, cycling through the plantations, picnicking at Hydel Park, boat ride at Mattupetty Dam, and sampling local culture at the Tea Museum. Munnar is a heavenly retreat for families or couples looking to spend quality time here.
- Alappuzha- Alappuzha formerly called “Aleppey” is also known as the ‘Venice of the East’. Alappuzha is a famous tourist place to visit in Kerala and a tiny district that is famous for its Backwaters. Alappuzha is famous for its traditional boathouses that sail in the backwaters. Alappuzha offers tourists the gorgeous flowing water flanked on both sides by tropical palm trees. The main attraction of the Alappuzha that you can experience on your Kerala tours is the houseboat stay which you don’t get often. This lovely city is also home to some eye-catching attractions apart from the houseboats such as St. Mary Forane Church, the oldest church in the whole of India. So on your Kerala packages, don’t miss out on this stunning destination.
- Kochi- Kochi or Cochin surely deserves a visit as it is home to some of the finest harbors. Kochi is also known as the “Port City” and your Kerala trip is incomplete without visiting this beautiful city. Kochi is a place where you will get a rich mixture of traditions, abundant natural beauty, history, spectacular architecture, sacred sites, arts & crafts, a bustling food scene, etc. are the things that make your Kerala tour packages experience wonderful. A stimulating escape into the past and present of this beautiful old port city makes it one of the best places to visit on Kerala tour by promising a coastal charm. The Paradesi Synagogue, Mattancherry Palace, the Chinese Fishing nets, the Indo-Portuguese Museum, and St. Francis Church are important attractions that you shouldn’t miss in Kochi.
- Kovalam- Kovalam makes a perfect find for you if you are a beach person. Lighthouse, Hawah, and Samudra are the name of the crescent-shaped pristine beaches of Kovalam. With the picture-perfect vibe, each of the beaches in these three will leave you mesmerized. Tour packages to Kerala include Kovalam with its swaying palms, golden sands, secluded stretches, and thrilling water activities. Kovalam is one of the best places to visit in Kerala because it has many tourist places apart from beaches like Rock Cut Cave Temple, Vellayani Lake, Halcyon Castle, Neyyar Dam, Napier Art Museum & Gallery, and many more. Kovalam surely deserves to be on your Kerala trip due to its variety of tourist spots.
- Wayanad- Wayanad is an adventure paradise and an adventure enthusiast should take a trip to Wayanad. Wayanad is blessed with some picturesque scenes and waterfalls along with trekking trails. Wayanad promises a refreshing gateway on your trip to Kerala as it is filled with pristine mountainsides, paddy fields, tea, spice, and coffee plantations, along with vibrant culture and history. The Western Ghats makes Wayanad one of the best places to visit in Kerala as it is world’s one of the top-biodiversity hotspots. Ambukuthi Hills and Edakkal Caves are the most popular sites for trekking and camping in Kerala. Wayanad is one of the most recommended places to visit on your Kerala tours.
- Kumarakom- Kumarakom makes your Kerala tourism holidays more magical with its magical backwaters. This small district of Kumarakom is dotted with rice fields, coconut groves, and lush farmlands. To enjoy your Kerala holiday packages here the backwaters offer beautiful vistas and solitude. You can experience exciting activities here like yachting, boat race, and much more apart from staying in the houseboats. There are so many activities to do in Kerala like yachting at Vembanad Lake, one of the freshwater lakes in Asia. You can enjoy the cultural as well as heritage tours of the sites like St. Mary’s Church, Shiva Temple, Jama Masjid, and Vaikom Mahadeva temple.
- Kozhikode- Vasco Da Gama, the first traveler who discovered India landed in Kozhikode at first. Kozhikode has a massive historical significance not only for Kerala Tourism but for Indian tourism too. Kozhikode formerly known as “Calicut” has significant importance for every globetrotter in Kerala. Nature and heritage co-exist mutually to form its own ambiance, this once port-bustling trade port town is now a stunning fusion city. Kozhikode is one such place where you can spend your Kerala holidays on pristine beaches, craft villages, mangrove forests, and ancient temples. Kozhikode is one of the top tourist places to visit in Kerala for your family trips or trips with friends.
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary- The Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the twelve protected wildlife sanctuaries, visit this amazing sanctuary as a part of your Kerala travel packages. For a close view of nature at its best, travel far away from the city life in the heart of the astonishing Annamalai Hills. This wildlife Sanctuary is an abode of 28 mammals including elephants, leopards, deer, tigers, etc. apart from this 228 bird species, and 52 reptiles are also found in this wildlife sanctuary. This is the place to visit in Kerala where you feel connected and truly feel nature up close.
- Periyar National Park- In Thekkady, Kerala is where the Periyar National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary is situated filled with great natural bounty and biodiversity. This national park in Thekkady offers herds of Asiatic elephants which are set high at the Western Ghats. There is a lake situated at the center of the Periyar national park which is also known as Thekkady Lake. On your Kerala packages don’t miss visiting this beautiful wildlife sanctuary for its flora and fauna and wildlife safaris. There are several other tourist spots near Periyar wildlife sanctuary that you should visit like Kumily, Mangla Devi Temple, Pullumedu, Cardamom Hills, and Pandalom Hills.
- Varkala Beach- Varkala Beach is also known as Papnasam Beach, settled at a distance of 10 km from the chaotic city life of Varkala in Kerala which will soothe your soul. The cliffs of Kerala with the backdrop of the Arabian Sea make this beach a unique one as these sedimentary cliffs are not found on the coastline of Kerala. On your Kerala trip here, remember that this beach part is divided into two parts, i.e, the South and the North part. The South part is considered sacred by the locals and the North part is reserved for tourists and water sports at Varkala beach. One can enjoy paragliding, parasailing, snorkeling, windsurfing, etc. at their Kerala tour packages on this beach.
- Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple- Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple is situated in the capital city of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. The temple is a holy site for the Hindu religion and is only open to the Hindus it is embellished with a gold plate covering. One of the avatars of Lord Vishnu, this temple is dedicated to Lord Padmanabha and is the principal center of the Vaishnavas. It is one of the holiest sites for the Hindus that should be visited on Kerala tours.
Local Dishes to try on Kerala Tour
Kerala is not only home to lush greenery and religious places but it is also home to some amazing lip-smacking dishes. Encircled by the sea, Kerala has every kind of seafood that will satiate your taste buds on your Kerala tour packages. Rice, coconut, and Fish are common ingredients that are used in Kerala cuisines. Here are some of the popular dishes you should try on your trip.
- Puttu and Kadala Curry- With a hearty and healthy local breakfast, start your every morning on a Kerala trip. Puttu is as cute as its name, a cylindrical-shaped steamed rice dish cooked in coconut shavings. This is the traditional food in Kerala and one of the popular breakfasts also. Puddu is served with Kadala curry or fresh Bananas which is a black chickpea preparation. This super affordable and tasty breakfast can be found anywhere in Kerala.
- Appam with ishtu- On your trip to Kerela this is the traditional dish that is very popular and liked by the locals. Appam with Ishtu is a culinary specialty that is like many other South Indian delicacies. With coconut milk and water, Appams are made up of fermented rice flour and a sprinkle of jaggery. With a soft, thick, and crispy center, it is a rice pancake that is paper-thin outside. As per your preference, they are soft yet crisp-edged pancakes that can be eaten with a stew that is made up of either veggies or meat. Appam with Ishtu is one of the must-try dishes to try on Kerala Tour.
- Idiyappam & Curry- Idiyappams are made up of rice flour, salt, and water and looks like noodle cake. Across all of Kerala, the unique texture is what made up this staple popular. Be it veggies, eggs, seafood, or meat, the plain flavor allows for myriad curry pairings. Idiyappam with egg curry is the most popular Kerala cuisine. A filling meal that can be used to eat for lunch and dinner should be tried on your Kerala packages. Idiyappam is also popularly known as ‘noolappam” in Kerala.
- Erissery- Erissery is another well-known dish to try on your Kerala holiday packages. Erissery is made up of plantations/yams and also uses cumin seeds, garlic, chilies, turmeric powder, salt, lentils, pumpkin, pepper, etc. Erissery with rice is an excellent option for lunch and another gastronomical experience in the list of Kerala cuisines on your trip. Erissery is best served with red rice and kanji and is surely a worth-trying dish on the tour.
- Palada Payasam- Palada Payasam is made during the Onam festival and is a well-known dessert in Kerala. This is a simple rice pudding or Kheer that can be found in any local household in Kerala. Palada Payasam is one of the most popular dishes to try on Kerala tour and it is made up of rice ada, sugar, milk, and ghee.
Things to do on a Kerala Tour
Kerala is one of the best places to enjoy a variety of things on your Kerala tours. This myriad state soaks you with its serenity and it is blessed by the motherland too. You will feel that Kerala has more to offer just from backwaters and aromatic tea gardens when you start touring the popular places of the state. Here are some of the things to do on a Kerala tour.
- Enjoy the blissful nature by staying in a tree house- As a kid, many people have fantasies to live in a tree house, well, this dream will come true on your Kerala trip. Living in a treehouse is the favorite thing of many and one of the amazing activities to do on a Kerala tour. These treehouses are situated in the dense and lush forest areas of Kerala and they are eco-friendly too. These treehouses are filled with basic amenities and facilities. You can find treehouses at Thekkady, Munnar, Athirapally, and Wayanad. On your trip to Kerala, don’t wait to fulfill your childhood dream.
- Unwind yourself with Ayurvedic massage therapy- If you fail to indulge in Ayurved massage therapy then your trip to Kerala remains incomplete. For this art of healing, Kerala state is swarmed by tourists. The origination of Ayurveda takes place in India and it is practiced with utmost joy in Kerala. To refresh and rejuvenate your mind, soul, and body many herbs and oils were used in this massage therapy and it is one of the best activities to do on a Kerala tour. For well-being and natural growth, ayurvedic practices take place. Here are some of the places for the best ayurvedic massage.
- Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa
- Ideal Ayurvedic Resort
- Feel nature on a houseboat ride- Enjoy th tranquil ride of the backwaters of Kumarakom by booking your Kerala travel packages with us. Who wouldn’t think about riding in a houseboat or cruising at night in the backwaters of Kerala? For a houseboat ride, the Vembanad Lake in Kumarakom is a perfect tourist spot for activity of this kind. This unique experience is one of the best things to do on Kerala tour and simply cannot be passed. The marine life and rural setting will give delight to your heart as soon as your houseboat ride will start.
- Enjoy a walk at the aromatic tea plantations- A walking tour of the aromatic tea gardens of Munnar will transport you to the other world. The fresh aroma of tea, the picturesque views, and the lush greenery make the tea tour one of the top activities to do on a Kerala tour. To escape the heat, the hill station offers stunning views and poses a great climate. However, across the globe, it is the most elevated tea plantations that make it even more special. Make sure to add this to your bucket list on your Kerala Tour Packages.
- Get into the essence of Kerala with village tours- When you are on a trip to another country and want to know its real roots then no better option than village tours. We all are disconnected from our roots by living in the cities, to find your soul and rejuvenate your body you must visit villages. Getting into authentic rural life by touring a village is one of the best activities to do on Kerala tour. Over the years many tourists or travelers prefers village tours in Kerala to connect themselves with the culture and traditions of the country.
Shopping places in Kerala Tour
Apart from scenic tourist places, Kerala is a place for shopping also. Souvenirs obtain immense value when it comes to traveling when people check out truly exotic destinations like Kerala. Shopping in Kerala is about spices, tea, coffee, traditional dresses, beverages, aromatic spices, oils, herbs, and many more. Here is a list of some shopping places in Kerala for you:
- Spice Market, Kochi- One of the popular shopping places in Kerala is the spice market in Kochi. Dealing with a wide variety of spices, it is lined up with local stores. The vibrant colors and the aroma of spices attract a number of tourists throughout the year on their Kerala tour packages.
- LuLu Mall, Kochi- LuLu Mall is a major attraction of Kochi and is spread over an area of 17 acres. It is one of the most popular shopping places in Kerala. LuLu Mall has more than 215 branded outlets, movie halls, courtyards, food plazas, kids' play zones, bowling alleys, ice skating, etc. to allure travelers as well as locals. LuLu Mall is the best place for shopping on your Kerala tours.
- Focus Mall, Kozhikode- Focus Mall is a popular shopping hub which is situated in the heart of Calicut city. The graceful design, plenty of facilities, and its location are the prime factors that attract tourists throughout the year. There are branded outlets, eateries, movie screens, play zones, parking facilities, etc. you will find under one roof. Focus Mall is the perfect place for amazing Kerala shopping.
- Coffee & Tea- At Munnar, bagging coffee & tea is an important part of shopping in Kerala. In various parts of Kerala, Nilgiri tea, Kerala Kapi, and Monsooned Coffee are very popular because of their aroma, taste, and color. This can be obtained at any local shop at affordable prices on your Kerala packages.
Best Time to visit
At any time of the year, one can plan a trip to Kerala as it is a year-round destination. Kerala has a humid, hot summer, pleasantly cool winter, and substantially heavy monsoon with a Tropical climate. Kerala has a varied landscape so microclimates exist in the state. If you are planning for Kerala holiday packages then you have to know about each season beforehand.
The summer season in Kerala is great for those who want to get away from the hot ad humid climate in the laps of hill stations. The temperature crosses the mark of 40 degrees in summer so it can be uncomfortable to spend a beachy vacation or sunbathing. Vagamon, Munnar, Thekkady, and Ponmudi are some of the places that give you relief from the soaring sun as they are hill stations in Kerala.
In June and August, the monsoon arrives with a bang. If you are an individual who loves the rainy season or a couple who wants to feel the romance in the rain then there are some amazing romantic Kerala tour packages for couples available. This is the best season if you want to go for an Ayurvedic spa tour to rejuvenate your body and soul.
The winter season is considered the best time to visit Kerala as the weather remains pleasant and receives a cool breeze. From late September to March most tourists love to spend their holidays in Kerala during this period. Booking your Kerala tour packages in advance is a must if you are going there in the winter season.
How to Reach Kerala
Kerala is one of the most visited tourist destinations famous for family trips and between honeymooners due to its gorgeous landscapes, pristine backwaters, and stunning hill stations. Kerala is frequented by tourists throughout the year and there are various modes of transportation. You can take an aerial route, railway, or road route to reach the state for your Kerala tour packages. Here are some of the modes:
- By Air- The state of Kerala is the fourth state in India that has 4 international airports. The name of four international airports of Kerala is- Trivandrum International Airport (Thiruvananthapuram), Cochin International Airport (Kochi), Calicut International Airport (Kozhikode), and Kannur International airport. Kollam airport is the domestic airport of Kerala that is connected with major Indian cities with regular domestic flights. Kerala receives international flights from major cities globally on a frequent basis. On your Kerala trip, the fastest and the most convenient mode of transportation is by air.
- By Rail- There are more than 200 railway stations in Kerala state that are operational and connect major cities and towns of the state. You can fetch a train directly to Kerala from any major Indian city such as Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, etc. The railway network of Kerala runs from Kasargod in the northwestern region to Thiruvananthapuram in the southwestern region. There are various express and superfast trains like Rajdhani Express, and Duronto Express that connect the large junctions. Traveling by train is best for a budget Kerala tour.
By Road- With the strong and well-maintained network of roads, Kerala is very well connected. In all major and minor parts of the country, privately run and government-affiliated buses are easily available. Tourists from nearby destinations can choose to drive their own vehicles to Kerala. For various other cities across the state, luxury buses are also available from the destinations like Kozhikode, Alleppey, Kannur, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, and Wayanad. The best part about your Kerala road trip is that you can stop anywhere you want to click Instagram-worthy pictures with a beautiful backdrop.